Copyright © 2003 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
All rights reserved.
All materials contained on the ISTE website are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of ISTE. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
However, you may download material from the ISTE website (one machine-readable copy and one print copy per page) for your personal, noncommercial use only. Certain materials on the ISTE website are accompanied by permission to reproduce for noncommercial purposes providing attribution is made to ISTE. These materials are clearly noted.
- General Rules and Definitions
- If you choose to use the ISTE website (the “Site”), you will be agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement between you and ISTE.
- ISTE may change, add or remove portions of this Agreement at any time, but if it does so, it will post such changes on the Site or send them to you by email or postal mail.
- If any of these rules or any future changes are unacceptable to you, you may discontinue visiting the Site. Your continued use of the Site now, or following the posting of notice of any changes in these operating rules, will indicate acceptance by you of such rules, changes or modifications.
- ISTE may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site feature, database or content. ISTE may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Site without notice or liability.
- Content and Submissions
- The contents of the Site are intended for personal, noncommercial use. All materials published on the Site (including but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by ISTE or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Site.
- The Site and its Contents are protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in Section 2(iii) of this Agreement), create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content or the Site (including software) in whole or in part.
- You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Site for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from ISTE or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content. In some cases, this prior written consent is published with the Content and materials may be used providing they follow the conditions of the permission and retain all trademark, copyright and other notices contained therein.
- Online Discussions
- You shall not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish on the message boards (the “Online Discussions”) any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise illegal material.
- The Online Discussions shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of ISTE, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your messages. However, although ISTE does not and cannot review every message posted by you on the Online Discussions and is not responsible for the content of these messages, ISTE reserves the right to delete, move or edit messages that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Site may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted and displayed by ISTE, and you waive any moral rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
- Access and Availability of Service and Links
The Site contains links to other related websites, resources and sponsors of ISTE. Because ISTE is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or webmaster of such site.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent, warrant and covenant that no materials of any kind submitted by you will (a) violate, plagiarize or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights; or (b) contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material. You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless ISTE, and all officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you or any user of your access privileges of this Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. ISTE reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
ISTE does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the Site by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. ISTE does not warrant that the Content of this site is free from errors, interruptions, omissions, defects or other damaging elements or that ISTE will correct any errors, omissions or defects. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such materials, opinions, advice, statements, memorandums or information shall be at your sole risk. The Site and all downloadable materials are distributed on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that use of the Site is at your sole risk, and you assume the cost of service, repairs or corrections to your hardware, software or other equipment.
Access to Members Only sections of the Site is currently based on Membership Number and may later involve a User ID. You may not (a) select or use the membership number or User ID of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (b) use a membership number or User ID in which another person has rights without such person’s authorization. You shall notify the ISTE webmaster of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or credit card information. Failure to comply with the foregoing shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate revocation of your access privileges.
You are responsible for all usage or activity requiring your membership number or User ID, including use of the account by any third party authorized by you to use them. Any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for revoking your access privileges at ISTE’s sole discretion, and ISTE may refer you to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) has created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for the Site.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
Our online surveys ask visitors for demographic information (e.g., ZIP code, age or occupation).
Our site’s membership registration form and order form require users to give us contact information (e.g., name and email address), financial information (e.g., account or credit card numbers) and demographic information (e.g., ZIP code, age or occupation). Financial information collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
Demographic and profile data are also collected at our site (e.g., job title or workplace). We use these data for demographic reports distributed within our organization.
Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. Customers’ contact information is shared with other companies in the technology industry as a service to our valued members, subscribers and product purchasers. Careful consideration is given to the uses and purposes of mailing list rental requests before we release any information about our customers. We do not release phone numbers, fax numbers or email addresses as part of our mailing list rental service. Customers may choose not to receive future mailings by contacting the list manager.
ISTE Customer Support
ISTE is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any websites linked to or from our Site.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or newsgroups available to its members. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes accessible by all members. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. (See ONLINE DISCUSSIONS.)
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please contact ISTE customer support with any questions about your credit card information.
Your complete credit card information is not stored online. Order information is backed up daily.
ISTE will not sell or make available to third parties individual email addresses of ISTE members or non-members who participate in the site. Note that ISTE does not have control of the uses people make of information posted in Online Discussions. From time to time, ISTE does make its membership information available to others in the form of lists and/or physical mailing addresses. Members wishing to block release of this information may request that action from the list manager (above).
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site or your experiences with this Site, please contact ISTE customer support.
ISTE reserves the right to send electronic mail to you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Site or other ISTE offerings.
ISTE reserves the right to disclose information about your usage and demographics, provided that it will not reveal your personal identity in connection with the disclosure of such information.
- TERMINATION OF USE
You may terminate your use of the Site at any time by ceasing to use it.
ISTE may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to parts of the Site for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of this Agreement.
This Agreement has been made in and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with VIRGINIA law. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Arlington, Virginia.
Official correspondence must be sent by postal mail to:
International Society for Technology in Education
2111 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201
You agree to report any copyright violations of this Agreement to ISTE as soon as you become aware of them. In the event you have a claim of copyright infringement with respect to material that is contained in the Site, please notify ISTE at:
Copyrights at ISTE
2111 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201