Deadline for nominations for six awards is Feb. 28, 2017
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Dec. 15, 2016 — Today the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) announced that nominations are open for its 2017 awards honoring exceptional educators and leaders who are leading the way to connected learning. Each year ISTE's awards recognize individuals whose exemplary work provides a model for teaching, learning and leading in the digital age.
Nominations are now open for:
- Award for Outstanding Leadership - This honor, which goes to a leader outside of the classroom, recognizes outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education.
- Award for Outstanding Teacher - This award recognizes and honors one teacher who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in and understanding of educational technology implementation, who is passionate about teaching, and who has examples of successful lessons.
- Award for Outstanding Young Educator - This award honors a teacher under the age of 35, recognized for demonstrating vision, innovation, action, and using technology to improve learning and teaching.
- Distinguished District Award - This award recognizes innovation and equitable and appropriate technology use for all students in a school system with the goal of increasing learning opportunities and improving achievement.
- Award for Advocacy - This award recognizes an outstanding and enthusiastic individual for efforts during the past calendar year in advocating for education technology policy at the local, state, regional and/or international level.
- Kay L. Bitter Vision Award - Given in memory of Kay L. Bitter, an early childhood educator for more than 20 years, this award recognizes a PK-2 educator whose work has had a significant positive impact on the use of technology in education.
In addition to other prizes, all honorees receive complimentary registration for ISTE 2017 in San Antonio, as well as a one-year basic ISTE membership. ISTE award nominations are reviewed by a committee of ISTE members, staff and/or board members. The deadline for submitting nominations is Feb. 28, 2017. Award recipients are announced in April 2017.
For more information, visit https://www.iste.org/lead/awards.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is the premier nonprofit membership organization serving educators and education leaders committed to empowering connected learners in a connected world. ISTE serves more than 100,000 education stakeholders throughout the world.
Innovative offerings include the widely adopted ISTE Standards for learning, teaching and leading in the digital age-as well as the ISTE Conference & Expo-the world's most comprehensive ed tech event. The organization's robust suite of professional learning resources feature online courses, consulting services for schools and districts, books, and peer-reviewed journals and publications. For more information, visit iste.org. Connect with ISTE via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.