We recognize outstanding achievements, amplify impact and celebrate boldness.
Nominations are currently closed. Click "Learn More" to see this year's winners.
ISTE Impact Award
The ISTE Impact Award recognizes individuals that have done outstanding work to improve learning opportunities, and have been a major force for innovation in education. These are trailblazers whose work will have national or global impact for years to come. Candidates:
- Bring innovation to the national or global education community.
- Focus on closing opportunity gaps and create a more equitable education system.
- Embody the spirit of the ISTE Standards to transform learning, teaching and leading.
ISTE Distinguished District Award
ISTE Distinguished Districts are US school districts that are moving the needle in big ways throughout a school system. These districts search out and embrace change to improve teaching and learning, reach all students, and serve as an example for other schools to follow. Applications open in December. Candidates:
- Demonstrate effectiveness and innovation in the use of technology throughout their district.
- Ensure equitable, accessible and appropriate technology use for all students, and are focused on improving learner outcomes and continuously enhancing the learning experience.
- Bring along all stakeholders, including staff, students, families and the community, in the process.
ISTE 20 to Watch Award
ISTE recognizes 20 individuals who are up and coming and are already making a difference through their work. Winners have exemplified excellence through projects or artifacts that others can replicate. Nominations and applications are accepted starting in December. Candidates:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technology to improve learning.
- Continuously improve their professional practice through the exploration of new techniques and the consistent evaluation and reflection on current practices.
- Share their solutions with others as a model that reflects ISTE’s mission to innovate teaching and learning, accelerate good practice and solve tough problems in education.
Award-winning examples may be: executing a new professional development program for their staff, developing game-based curriculum for their students, or integrating global collaboration and social responsibility into their work.
Making It Happen Award
The Making It Happen award honors visionary educators and leaders who cultivate connected, empowered learners. Since its inception in 1995 more than 800 educators from around the world have received this award.
ISTE and its global affiliates present Making It Happen awards, often to educators and leaders who have helped move ISTE initiatives forward. Each awarding organization chooses its winner(s) internally. There is no nomination process. Winners:
- Turn ISTE’s mission (to innovate teaching and learning, accelerate good practice and solve tough problems in education) into action.
- Leverage ISTE Standards and programs to create change in learning and teaching.
- Champion for progressive edtech planning in the short term, and persevere over time to support large-scale change.
Professional Learning Network (PLN) awards
ISTE Professional Learning Networks supported exceptional teaching and learning throughout the year and once a year, honored outstanding individuals who demonstrated excellent work in their job role or topic area.
December 7, 2021: Awards nominations open
January 31, 2022: Awards nominations close
February - March, 2022: Awards nominations reviewed
May 2022: Winners notified