At ISTE, we’re cultivating a community of educators whose diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences inform and enhance the practice of all educators. We recognize that the journey toward diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is ongoing and must include our staff, community and partners. Below is a glimpse into our DEI efforts. We welcome your thoughts, suggestions and questions about our work.
ISTE's DEI Efforts
We’re fostering a workplace where all employees receive DEI training, and we continuously evolve our internal practices to reflect our commitment. Our work begins at home as we reflect on our practices and processes to identify implicit bias and explore approaches to engage underrepresented perspectives from around the globe effectively. Here’s what we’re doing:
- Engaging leaders and practitioners who have deep expertise in DEI to better inform our work as an organization and as individuals to improve learning opportunities for all.
- Raising equity awareness within our community by asking ISTELive presenters to describe how they will advance diversity, equity and inclusion in their sessions, and providing DEI training for ISTE volunteers.
- Leveraging our platform and reach to promote innovative and inclusive perspectives around the use of edtech, developing global collaborations and expanding our reach to educators worldwide.
- Providing scholarships to educators from underrepresented backgrounds and under-resourced schools at ISTE events, professional learning opportunities and in our community.
- Elevating the perspectives, experiences and voices of people of color and underrepresented stakeholders in the education community through our EdSurge journalism and ISTE Blog.