The ISTE Standards are about learning, not devices or tools.
They reflect a vision and commitment to improving learning and the student experience by effectively leveraging technology.
HOW ARE SCHOOLS AND DISTRICTS ADOPTING THE STANDARDS?
Depending on local goals, needs and priorities, adopting the standards in a school, district or state takes different forms. Leaders may decide to use the standards in a variety of ways, including:
- As part of statewide or district-level expectations.
- To guide systemwide planning, including school improvement and technology plans.
- To guide professional development plans and/or individual professional growth goals.
- To map curriculum.
- To ensure that lesson design and plans include purposeful use of technology.
- As part of a learning management system or web system.
- In teacher preparation across the curriculum.
ISTE considers any of these uses as adoption if they are intended to be used systemwide. Access this report to support systemwide adoption of the standards in your school, district or state.
SHARE YOUR WORK AND BE RECOGNIZED
Has your school or district adopted the standards, or are they planning to adopt them? Let us know!
If you’re considering adopting the standards or have already done so, please let us know so we can support your process and recognize your efforts! Tell us by participating in this short survey.
Tracking Uptake. Sharing Stories. Measuring Impact.
The #istestandards have empowered my school Ss!They influence the amazing tech integration happening all around the building! @isteconnects pic.twitter.com/PzalHalviK— Elizabeth Rossmiller (@techoutmyclass) May 14, 2017